7.1.12 Service Pack Release Notes
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Help (Introduction, System Processes) - The following processes have been updated and loaded into Help.
- Workstation Setup Process
- CLIA Number Setup Process
- Steps for Setting up a New Database
- DMERC Setup Process
- Fee Schedule Setup Process
- RVS Schedule Setup Process
- Transcription Setup Steps
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File and Create Insurance (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - An error was occurring if an Electronic Secondary Medicare claim existed in the file and the insurance carrier was set up as 'Special Billing' in the patient's Insurance Policy Information.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - If there was no primary insurance carrier in effect when the Electronic Secondary Medicare claim was filed, a 997 error would be received because the primary insurance information was not included on the claim.
- Print Insurance Forms and Reprint Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - Reversed NOTE procedures were printing on secondary insurance forms. Program was modified.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - Having problems with Electronic Secondary Medicare claim files being rejected because the Primary Payment Date field was blank.
- Payment Plan (Collections, Work Accounts) - The Payment Plan was not automatically populating the date in the Next Payment field when a new plan was added. This has been addressed.
- Collection Status Table (Collections, Collection Tables ) - The program would allow you to type in a Document Name that did not exist, which would cause numerous errors. Program was corrected.
- DMS Alerts (Patient, Change Patient Data, DMS, Alerts Record) - The maximum allowed length for each Alert record was increased.
- Patient Registration - Date of Birth was not displaying in the Patient Registration Look-up function. Since this field displays during regular Patient Look-up, a change was made to the Patient Registration Lookup screen to make it consistent with the other Patient Look-up screens.
- Insurance Policy Information (Patient, Change Patient Data and Patient, Register) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Insurance Type Code field was added for Electronic Secondary Medicare claims. This field is required by Medicare. If you do not select a type from the table, the claim will automatically be sent with '12 - Working Aged Beneficiary or Spouse with Plan'.
- Hospital Rounds List (Patient, Patient Listings) - There was a problem with the report that was causing the Floor Number to always print as '1', even if a valid number was stored in the patient's DMS Hospital Record.
- DMS Notes - Text Users only - (Patient, Change Patient Data, DMS, Notes Record) - A change in the last service pack inadvertently took away the ability to delete NOTES in text.
- DMS Hospital Record (Patient, Change Patient Data, DMS, Hosp Record) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Medical Record Number (MRN) field was added to the DMS Hospital Record - HOSP. This change was done primarily for NetMobile.
- Alpha and Numeric A/R by Patient Balance (Reports, Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) - These reports were missing the option to print to Excel and had to be corrected.
- Alphabetic and Numeric Aged Accounts Receivable (Reports, Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) - The format of the reports was modified so the columns would line up when printed to Excel.
- Adjustments Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The format of the reports was modified so the columns would line up when printed to Excel.
- Corporate Reports (Reports) - The following reports were missing the option to print to Excel and had to be corrected:
- Productivity Analysis by Location, Patient Class, Insurance Dr, Responsible Dr, Type of Service, Referral Source, Modifier, and without Sort.
- Payment Analysis - All sorting options.
- Adjustment Analysis - All sorting options.
- Prescription Journal - The Prescription Journal was corrected and will no longer print voided items.
- Enter Patient Appointments - The Comment fields (including User Defined Comments) were changed to only allow you to type up to 40 characters. Before it would allow you to type more characters but would give you a message that you could only enter 40.
- Fast Rebook (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - When performing the Fast Rebook function, the Appointment Status would carry over from the existing appointment. The program was modified to set the appointment status to the value held in the Patient Check In/Out integration for New Appointments.
- Multi-Scan (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - The Beginning Time field was not automatically converting data typed in the field to a valid Time. For example, if you typed in '2' for the time, it would not automatically change it to 02:00P. The program was modified to meet system standards.
- Superbill Wizard (System, Form Wizards) - If you selected to display the Diagnosis section in Code order, there was a problem displaying them correctly.
- Superbill Wizard (System, Form Wizards) - An error would occur when you copied data from one superbill to another. Program was corrected.
- Move Patients to Inactive File (System, File Maintenance Menu, Inactive Patients Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - The program was changed to prevent the inactivation of current patient accounts. The Move all patients with no activity since field will no longer accept a date that is NOT 90 days prior to today's date.
- NetPracticePM Default Values (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - The Default Review Format field was corrected to provide the 'Ledger Detailed - LC' option.
- DMS Integration - Text Users only - (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - This function is not available in Text and was corrected to provide a message now instead of encountering an error.
- Maintain Users (System, User Management) - Inactivated Users were not getting removed from any of the 'Groups' they were assigned to. The program was corrected.
- System Log (System, File Maintenance, Look-Up Functions) - Program was enhanced to log an entry in the Changes to Tables category, whenever a User Code has been inactivated and removed from a Group. For example, after inactivating user code 'SALLY', the message 'User SALLY was inactivated and removed from the following group(s): Front Office.'
- Procedure Code Table - A problem was corrected that caused a '0' to default in the Equivalent fields when adding a new code. This '0' would default even if there was nothing in the default value for this field in the 'Defaults, Fixed and Required Fields' function.
- Load the AMA ICD-9-CM Codes (Tables, Diagnosis Code Table) - The default filename was updated to reflect the 2006 filename. The Disclaimer text was also updated.
- Print the Procedure Profile Report (Tables, Procedure Code Table) - ***New Functionality*** -
This report was enhanced and you can print it to Excel now.
- Procedure Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - The Multiplier column heading was running into the Amount column heading. The tab positions were modified to eliminate this issue.
- Post ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - Medicare recently changed their process and they are automatically adding modifier '51' to a claim when it is needed. This was causing numerous 'ERA Payment Exceptions' to occur. The program was updated to check whether Medicare is sending a '51' modifier back in the file and if so, it will now match up to the claim properly in NetPracticePM
- Payment Entry (Transactions) - Electronic Secondary Medicare claims were not getting created as electronic claims if a Denial Amount was posted for the primary insurance. Program was corrected.