7.1.16 Service Pack Release Notes
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Help - The text has been updated for all of the Managed Care and Patient functions.
- Help (Introduction, System Processes) - Added new Scanning Images section, which contains detailed instructions for Acquiring Images (both scan and attach), Linking Images, and Multiple Page Scanning.
- Help (Introduction, System Processes) - The links for 'Scan and Acquire' and 'Scan and Attach' have been deleted.
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - In the last service pack an error was introduced when printing insurance forms for secondary insurance policies. Program was corrected.
- Refile or Deny Insurance (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - An error would occur when printing insurance forms from within this function. Program was corrected.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - Purchased Service Updates - insurance claims containing purchased services no longer require the referral source's name or provider number. Only the place of service and the tax identification number are required. Programs were edited to accommodate the new changes.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - A new electronic claims exception error was created when the Commercial Claim Provider Number is missing. The electronic claims were getting rejected because the provider number contained a space in the provider number. The new Invalid Provider Number exception error was created to prevent this problem.
- Move Accounts to Collection Database (Collections, Turn Over Functions) - An error would occur when moving patient accounts into the Collection database. This error has been addressed.
- Collection Status Table (Collections, Collection Tables) - There was a problem that would not allow the user to save a collection status code if the database was using Word collection letters. The warning message 'Enter the DMS Document name or the path name if this is a Word document.' would always appear after clicking Save. This problem has been corrected.
- DMS Family Income Record (Patient, Change Patient Data - DMS) - Community Health Centers only - If an invalid date was entered when adding an Income DMS record, an error condition could occur. This problem has been corrected.
- New Patient/Follow-Up Report Sorted by Referral Source (Patient, Patient Listings, New Patient/Follow-Up Reports) - The From and Through Referral Source fields would only allow up to three digits. The fields have been expanded to allow five digits, which matches the number of characters allowed in the referral source table.
- Review Transaction History (Patient, Review Patient Information) - ***New Functionality*** - If a procedure is a dental procedure, the Tooth Surface, Tooth Number, and Oral Cavity will now display on the Transaction History Detail screen.
- Scheduled Doctor Calendar (Schedule, Schedule Printing Menu) - This function replaces the 'text-only' Schedule Calendar function.
- Enter Patient Appointments - ***New Functionality*** - If you selected a case when scheduling an appointment, there was no way to review which case was selected. The case number selected now appears when you click the appointment time slot and then click Details.
- Print Wait List (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments - Wait List) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Print Deleted Entries check box has been added to the Print function, so you can print entries that have been deleted from the wait list.
- Import ERA File and Print Payment Journal (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - If an insurance carrier recouped a payment, the EOB was not identifying the patient the recouped payment applied to. It now lists the same information as the paper EOBs when recording recouped payments.
- Procedure Entry Function - If a procedure group was selected, no warning message was appearing if the procedure(s) in the group was already posted for the same date. This problem has been corrected.
- Adjustment Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - The Batch Number field was only allowing fifteen characters and had to be modified to allow up to seventeen characters, which is the maximum length when batch numbers are created.
- Payment Entry Function - In the payment entry allocation screen, if the Next 50 button was clicked more than twenty times consecutively, an error would occur. This problem has been corrected.
- Check Codes (Procedure Entry Function) - In certain situations some of the links on the NetCoder results page did not work correctly. Some of the comments displayed on the page may have not displayed correctly if the comment contained an ampersand character. These issues have been resolved.