7.1.5 Service Pack Release Notes
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Patient Look-up function - The patient's whole account balance was displaying even if you had checked the Patient Balance checkbox in the NetPracticePM Default values located in System, Database Maintenance Menu.
- Practice Vitals - If a different Doctor was selected the information was not updated or displayed correctly.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - Physical Therapy claims only - An Undefined error would sometimes occur if the file contained Physical Therapy claims.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - Occupational Therapy claims only - The Date Last Seen was not included in electronic claim files, which is required by Medicare payers.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - In some cases electronic claims were rejected because the Tax ID entered contained a dash. The programs were modified to filter dashes out of the Tax ID data, if entered.
- Print Insurance Forms and Reprint Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - Programs were modified for Box 32 when printing Medicare claims. If the Location or Equivalent Location code equals 21, 22, or 23, HSP plus the Provider number (from the Provider Number Table) will print in Box 32. If the Location or Equivalent Location code does not equal 21, 22, or 23 and the Medicare Provider Number field of the Location code table contains a number, that number will be printed in Box 32. Otherwise, Box 32 will remain blank.
- Print Transmission Journal (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims, Printing Options) - Family Billing only - All the patients were not getting included and printed on the Transmission Journal. This program was not checking the Master account if the claim was for a family member and therefore could not find any of the information to print.
- Populate Collection Roster - The program was changed to only display the pop-up message upon completion when the function is manually performed. The message was displaying even if the Collection Roster was Auto-populated, which was not necessary.
- Create Pre-Capitated Write-offs and Create Capitated Write-offs (Managed Care, Capitation Functions) - If you back-dated your write-offs and entered a date prior to the current date in the Write-off Charges through Date field, the program was not checking to see if the charges occurred after the date entered and would still write them off.
- Copying Images in the Change Patient Data screen - If an Insurance Card Image was Copied to the same patient account, the Insurance Policy the image was being copied from, would no longer appear in the Policy drop-down list box.
- Patient Name and Address screen - The First Name field was increased from ten (10) characters to fifteen (15) characters.
- DMS Hospital Records - The Reason for Admit field was modified to contain multiple lines of text.
- PC-Immunize - The program was corrected to recognize the CPT code 90734.
- Patient Mailing Labels - The program was modified to allow the entry of a Start on Column value when printing labels to a laser printer.
- Enter Patient Appointments - The Question Mark button to the right of the Authorization field was changed. To increase its visibility, it will now display in blue with white text when an Authorization is available.
- Fast Rebook (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - The program was changed so the calendar display would start with the appointment date versus today's date.
- Print Appointment Schedule (Schedule, Schedule Printing Menu) - If the Schedule was printed in Location order it would sometimes encounter an error.
- Superbill Wizard (System, Form Wizards) - The Categories for the Procedure and Diagnosis codes would not display in order if more than nine (9) categories were created.
- Payment Entry, Acquire Image - Corrected the program to allow images to be previewed prior to the payment being posted.
- Refund Entry Function - The Refund Code list box will only display Adjustment codes that are set up as Refund codes and will no longer display every Adjustment code in the Table.