7.1.6 Service Pack Release Notes
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Inbox - If the Send Date field is changed to a future date when composing an e-mail, once the e-mail is sent, the Send Date field will continue to default the same date when NetPracticePM displays a new Compose screen, until exiting this function.
- Inbox - If the Inbox is selected for display on the Desktop, a Refresh button will now display in the lower left corner of the Inbox quadrant. This allows you to automatically Refresh the quadrant without waiting for NetPracticePM to perform the Refresh at the specified interval in the Configuration settings.
- Inbox - An Alert message will now display if the maximum of 400 characters of text is exceeded when composing an E-mail message.
- Insurance Never Filed Report (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Insurance Management Functions) - In rare situations, this report would list patients that did not have any transactions posted on their accounts. The program was modified to prevent these situations from occurring in the future. This report is also located under the Reports, Insurance Related Reports menu.
- Printing Patient Letters/Labels (Patient, Change Patient Data, Letter) - With the introduction of the Rich Text Editor, an error would sometimes occur when printing from within Patient, Change.
- CHIRO DMS record (Patient, Change Patient Data, DMS) - If you tried to just hit ENTER or Tab past the Date of Acute Manifestation field, an error would occur.
- Patient Sorted Lists (Patient, Patient Listings, Sorted Lists of Patients) - All the standard sorting options have been corrected when printing the reports to Excel. Each column of data is now printed in a separate column instead of being merged into one column. This will allow for easier data manipulation. These reports are also located under the Reports, Patient Listings, Sorted Lists of Patients menu.
- Create PC-Immunize Data (Patient, PC-Immunize) - This program has been changed to create the file in the background in order to free up the workstation for other tasks while the data is compiled. The status of the create can be checked by accessing the PC-Immunize History function. If the Thru Date contains Creating instead of a date, then the create process in not complete. Exit the function and wait a few minutes before checking again.
- Patient Registration - If a Referral was selected for a Pre-registered patient, three issues could occur. 1) The Guarantor screen would not populate the data unless the Rel to Guarantor field was entered as Same. 2) If a Policy Number was entered, it was carrying over into the Patient Class field. 3) If a Cell Phone Number was entered, it was carrying over into the Patient Class field.
- DMS Label Processor (Reports, Data Management System) - Label text can now be converted into barcodes if a tilde character ~ is placed on either side of the text (Ex: ~12345~).
- Modify an Appointment (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - If the Type of Visit was changed, the Units field was automatically replaced with the number of Units for the new Type of Visit and that was incorrect. It will now retain the value entered when the appointment was originally entered.
- Printing Superbills (Schedule, Schedule Printing Menu) - If the Superbill was created using the Superbill Wizard - a blank page was printing before each superbill and the Procedure and Diagnosis descriptions would wrap to a second line.
- Type of Visit Table (Schedule, Scheduling Table Maintenance) - A Location code can now be attached to a Type of Visit code. This is in preparation of a future update for posting charges using superbill numbers. This is needed for offices that have doctors treating patients at different locations and use the Type of Visit code to signify the actual location.
- View Images (System, Image Management) - If the patient account number contained a period (.), any Transcription images would not display.
- Default, Fixed, and Required Fields (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - There was a problem with NetPracticePM not always recognizing fields that had been set to Required. The fields would display within the data input screens with the Required checkmark next to them, but NetPracticePM would not provide a warning if they were left blank when Save was clicked.
- Restore/Kill a Job (System, System Operations Menu) - An internal correction was made to the menu function because an error would sometimes occur when accessing this function.
- DMS Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - The selected Editor Mode is now stored separately for each individual database.
- Payment Entry Function - The Required checkmark was always displayed next to the Insurance Carrier field. It has been removed but NetPracticePM will still display a warning message if the Insurance carrier is not entered for insurance payments and force one to be entered.
- Payment Entry Function - The Code Description will now display if you hover the pointer over the code of any open item in the Payment Allocation screen.
- Payment Entry Function - If an Insurance Payment was entered for an Insurance Carrier that was tied to a generic Fee Schedule, which did not contain Allowed Amounts (which forces NetPracticePM to place the focus of the pointer on the Allowed field in the Payment Allocation screen), the Allowed Amount field was defaulting to zero dollars instead of the original Billed amount. This had the potential to cause over-adjustments if you did not change the Allowed Amount field to correspond with the Explanation of Benefits. NetPracticePM would then default the entire billed amount in the Adjustment field and if you didn't happen to notice it, the transaction would end up being over-adjusted.
- Patient Prescription Journal - The Lot Number and Expiration Date now print on the journal.
- Patient Prescription Journal - The journal was printing the date prior to the selected date in error. (Ex: if 6-20-05 was selected the journal would print the prescriptions for 6-19-05).