7.1.7 Service Pack Release Notes
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Printing - Some HP Laser printers caused 'PJL' to print at the top of the page on certain reports. Problem was corrected.
- Inbox - The quantity of e-mails displayed in the Inbox on the desktop is now limited to only fifty messages.
- Help - The Help system is continually being enhanced and updated. Some of the specific sections that have been modified are:
- Introduction, System Conventions
- Introduction, System Conventions, Data Input Options
- Introduction, System Conventions, Patient Look-up
- Introduction, User Desktop Functions, Practice Vitals Dashboard
- Introduction, Printing
- Introduction, Image Management Setup Steps
- Collections - Updated images for version 7.1 added for all functions
- Managed Care - Updated images for version 7.1 added for all functions
- Reports - The Statistical Reports that were missing text have all been completed with the exceptions of the Collection Analysis and Corporate reports.
- System, Form Wizards, Superbill Wizard
- Tables - Text added for every Review function for each table
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - The TIME procedure code was incorrectly getting filed to the secondary insurance carrier even if main anesthesia charge was already paid off.
- Insurance Never Filed Report (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Insurance Management Functions) - Family Billing only - The report was not printing the charges underneath each patient account.
- Print Patient Statements - Family Billing only - If the patient's last name contained a space, the last name only contained the characters prior to the space when the patient's name printed. For example: patient's last name is VAN ORGDEN - only VAN would print.
- Payment Plans (Collections, Work Accounts, Payment Plan) - Text only - The payment plan start date in text was displayed in the Julian date format instead of a normal calendar date.
- Review for Turn Over Report (Collections, Turn Over Functions) - An error would occur if there were not any patient accounts in the collection process yet or if a patient account in the collection process did not contain a collection status code.
- Copying Patient Images (Patient, Change Patient Data, Images) - An error would occur if you tried to copy Images (Patient image, Guarantor image, or Insurance Card images) from a patient account in one database to a patient account in another.
- Changing DMS Notes (Patient, Change Patient Data, DMS, Notes) - If you changed a DMS Note on a patient account and typed in over 240 characters and clicked Save, the program did not provide a warning that the limit was met and would only save the first 240 characters. A new warning message has been added.
- Patient Registration - An error would occur after registering a new patient, if you clicked Images in the Action Column and then attempted to copy the image to another patient.
- Patient Last Name field - (Patient, Registration, and Patient, change) - The length of the last name field was increased to twenty-five characters.
- Reviewing Hospitalization Records (Patient, Review Patient Information, DMS, Hosp) - Hospitalization Records can now be viewed in detail from within the Patient Review function. Prior to this you could only view the summary screen and not see all the details. Now you can click on a record and the original data entry fields are shown.
- Hospital Rounds List (Patient, Patient Listings) - A Location selection field has been added, which lets you print the report for a specific location or all locations if you accept the default selection.
- Review Transaction History (Patient, Review Patient Information, History) - Family Billing only - For HIPAA reasons a new Master Account Only button was added to the Action Column. This allows you to display only the transactions for the Master Account. This button is only displayed when you have accessed a master account and not any of the linked accounts. Once selected, the button changes to All Family Members so that you can toggle back and forth between the two separate transaction views. The Print option also looks at the value of this new button to determine what data should be printed.
- Review Transaction History (Patient, Review Patient Information, History) - Address line two was not displaying on the transaction history screen and was corrected.
- Print All Data for Active Patients (Patient, Patient Listings) - Family Billing only - For HIPAA reasons, this program has been corrected to let you only print the Guarantor's information and not include all of the information for dependants.
- Aged Accounts Receivable for Insurance (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - The insurance comments were modified because they were printing too far to the right.
- Insurance Procedure Analysis Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports, Insurance Statistical Reports) - Every report sorting option available had to be modified because the data printed in the columns was not aligned.
- Insurance Procedure Analysis Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports, Insurance Statistical Reports) - If you were printing any of the insurance procedure analysis reports and selected Summary Only, the reports would not print the data for selected sorting option underneath the insurance carrier so it would not provide a complete summary.
- Insurance Payment Analysis Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports, Insurance Statistical Reports) - All of these reports were corrected and will not include personal payments anymore.
- Summary Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The totals printed for the Year to Date Adjustments were not correct, for every sorting option available and the program had to be modified. The reports were also changed back to the format printed prior to the release of 7.1.0 and are once again generated based on codes and not cpt codes anymore. See the entry for CPT Summary Analysis Reports for more information.
- CPT Summary Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - Separate reports had to be created that will let you generate totals based on cpt codes and not on the procedure, payment, or adjustment codes. This programming was eliminated from the standard Summary Analysis Reports, which had been enhanced in version 7.1.0.
- Procedure Analysis by Date of Service (Reports, Statistical Reports, Detailed Procedure Analysis) - If you selected to enter any Exclusions when generating this report, the Date fields were not recognizing the data accurately and the report was not generating properly.
- Payment Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The End with Payment prompt was incorrectly shown as a required field for every Payment Analysis Report.
- Unposted Payment Journal (Reports, Transaction Journals) - If you selected to print the unposted payment journal in location order and selected a specific location, the report ignored your selection and printed for all locations. This report can also be printed from the Transactions, Transaction Journals menu.
- Productivity Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The data was not aligned in the columns properly when any of these reports were printed to Excel.
- Sorted Lists of Patients (Reports, Patient Listings) The following reports were missing the option to print to Excel and had to be corrected:
The same reports were corrected on the Patient, Patient Listings menu.
- Lists of Patients by Birth Date
- Lists of Patients by Patient Class
- Lists of Patients by Plan Code
- Lists of Patients by Ins Carrier
- Add/Update Patient Prescriptions - The Dosage field in the Dosage (Sig) table allowed ten characters, but when you went to Add/Update a Prescription, the Dosage was only allowing five characters. The field was changed to allow ten characters.
- Enter Patient Appointments - Quick Registration - Family or Linking Billing only - When adding a new patient using the Quick Registration feature of Scheduling, you can now attach a Master/Guarantor Account to the patient. You will be required to select the Relationship to Guarantor if you select a Master account, since it will no longer automatically default to 0 - Same anymore.
- Enter Patient Appointments - Quick Registration - The Social Security Number is no longer a required field.
- Wait List (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - If an appointment from the Wait List was in the process of being scheduled and it contained multiple resources, a problem was sometimes encountered. If it turned out there were not enough resources available to actually schedule the appointment and you had to Cancel the function, the original appointment was not saved back to the wait list properly.
- Print Superbills (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - There was a problem with the numbering of superbills that were created using the Superbill Wizard.
- Print Superbills (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - The Document to Print field is now a required entry to prevent possible errors.
- Print a Scheduling View (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments, Print) - The scheduling view printout for All Doctors/One Day and One Doctor/One Day now contains any Notes entered for the schedule.
- NetPracticePM Default Values (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - Text only - The Patient Balance (or any balance) was not displaying during Patient Look-up in Patient, Change Patient Data or Patient, Review Patient Information, even though the Display Patient Balance check box was selected.
- Move Demographics to Another Database (System, File maintenance Menu) - If your practice has multiple databases and uses this function to copy patient accounts between them, an error message could potentially occur. The program's validation checking was enhanced to prevent any error messages.
- Print Blank Wizard Created Superbills (System, Form Wizards, Superbill Wizard) - A Print function has been added to the Action Column, which lets you print blank superbills.
- Language Code Table - The New function was not activated and you could not enter new codes into the table.
- Maintain Procedure Grouping Codes (Tables, Procedure Code Table, Procedure Grouping Table) - The Multiplier field was expanded to accept three characters.
- Procedure Code Table - Community Health Care Centers only - A new UDS Suppress field was added so certain procedures could be suppressed from getting counted with encounters.
- Procedure Entry - The Auth button was not functioning properly. The word 'Auth' was not changing to a blue font color to indicate the patient has active authorizations.
- Procedure Entry - - Any procedures entered after clicking More were not saving the Case information, if a Case was entered on the previous charge(s).
- Procedure Entry - The Internal Comment is now limited to displaying only forty characters because any comments greater than that can cause display issues in the top section of the Procedure Entry window.
- Payment entry - The File and Refile Actions were corrected and you can not use them if the selected procedure(s) contain the NF modifier. A Warning message will appear that states, 'The File and Refile Actions are not permitted because an NF modifier has been attached to the charge(s).'
- Unposted Procedures - There was a problem that allowed the automatic posting of procedures at hospital locations. These types of charges now need to be manually posted to allow the entering of Admit/Discharge dates.
- Unposted Procedures - A Refresh option was added to the Action Column, which you can use to monitor incoming charges from interfaces.
- Unposted Procedures - There was a problem with Post-Op messages not displaying.
- Refund Entry Function - NetPracticePM only - There was a problem that would cause the message, 'There are no open items to display. This refund will remain unallocated.' to appear incorrectly.
- Refund Entry Function - If a refund adjustment is reversed and there is an unprinted check in the check register for the patient, the refund check will be voided and REV will be stored in the Check Number field to designate it was voided.
- Daily Register (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - If the daily register was selected by date of service and by batch, the program was not checking the batch information.
- Create a Batch (Transactions, Transaction Batch Control) - The program was incorrectly allowing you to create a batch with a minus '-' sign.
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) - Since remits from multiple carriers can now be processed, the ERA programs had to be changed to be based on the Insurance Form Type instead of the Electronic Form Number.
- Printing Labels - Includes all NetPracticePM label printing functions - When printing labels, you can print up to 999 labels at one time. The rollover help message that appears when you roll the mouse over the Number of Copies field was incorrect. It only stated, 'enter number of copies between 1 and 9.'