7.2.15 Service Pack Release Notes 02-28-07
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Help (Introduction, System Processes) - A new section for the NPI Setup Process has been added.
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - ***New Functionality*** - The program has been enhanced to print the new CMS (HCFA) form that contains the NPI numbers. During the transition period, you can select when you want to use the new form. A new Use NPI CMS Form field has been added to the NetPracticePM Integration Options function located on the System, Database Maintenance Menu. Prior to selecting this option, you must perform the steps in the NPI Setup Process located in the Introduction section of NetPracticePM Help. After you select to use the new NPI CMS Form, the alignment of the various fields on the CMS form should not change. Note: every insurance carrier may not be prepared to accept the new CMS form. To prevent claim rejections and cause possible cash-flow issues, you should confirm the carriers you submit claims to will accept the new form. You could also print and submit a small batch of insurance forms using the new form and then switch back to the old form until you receive confirmation from the carriers that the new forms were successfully processed.
- Patient Collection Inquiry - ***New Functionality*** - You can view the various collection statuses for each individual step a patient's account has been processed through since they were added to collections.
- Move Letters to Print File - //Not able to move individual collection statuses to print file //When attempting to move individual collection statuses to the Print File, the message 'If using a range you must specify the from and thru status.' would display. This problem has been corrected.
- Review Patient Information - **Text users only** - When you reviewed a patient's recalls, the Recall Summary screen was displaying the wrong date for Date Printed.
- CPT Summary Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - Two new reports were added to print the CPT Summary Analysis sorted by Case and by Department. Note: You should not use these reports for balancing or comparing to other reports, since not every transaction is tied to either a case or a department.
- Print Superbills (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu)- The program was corrected if you used the LastDiagnosis data element in your superbill. It will now pull in the Last Diagnosis used from a case, if a case was selected for the appointment.
- NetPracticePM Integration Options (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Use NPI CMS Form field has been added so you can select when you want to use the new form that contains the NPI numbers. Prior to selecting this option, you must perform the NPI Setup Steps listed in the Introduction section of NetPracticePM Help.
- Load the AMA ICD-9-CM Codes (Tables, Diagnosis Code Table) - An error would occur when loading the codes into the Diagnosis Code table. This has been corrected.
- Load the AMA CPT Codes (Tables, Procedure Code Table) - An error would occur when loading the codes into the Procedure Code table. This has been corrected.
- Print the NPI Number Table (Tables, Doctor Code Table, Provider Number Table, Group NPI Number Table) - ***New Functionality*** - This function has been added so you can print the contents of the Group NPI Number table. The report will list Doctor's code and name, the location, and the NPI number stored.
- Adjustment Entry Function - ***New Functionality*** - Posting debit adjustments has been enhanced to store 'CPT 'statistics when you apply a debit adjustment to a charge line item. Prior to this update, only credit adjustments were capturing CPT statistics.
- Adjustment Entry Function - ***New Functionality*** - A new Billing Group field has been added to the debit adjustment entry screen. When you apply a debit adjustment to a line item, the billing group must match that line item. Since the patient's billing group is stored with each individual transaction, this enhancement makes it easier to change the billing group for a single debit adjustment when needed. It will default the billing group the patient is currently assigned to but can be changed.
- Payment Entry Function - If you clicked Oldest in the Action Column to automatically apply a payment to the oldest charge, you were also able to apply the payment to a future date, which was incorrect. This problem has been resolved.
- Unposted Procedures - ***New Functionality*** - The Automatic Posting check box will be
unavailable if the patient's Billing Group is set to 'CNV - Conversion Billing Group'. This should help prevent the charges from being stored with the conversion billing group since you will have to change patient's billing group to the correct code before you will be allowed to automatically post the charges.