7.2.1 Through 7.2.5 Service Pack Release Notes 9-26-06 to 11-14-06
List of Updates and Enhancements
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Scanning Images - Resolved an issue with the Scan Control not launching on some computers, which was caused by a Windows security update. Also resolved an issue with the Scan Control function always selecting the first used scanner.
- Web Browser - Finalized testing and released the use of Internet Explorer 7 with NetPracticePM version 7.2.
- Patient Look-up - When you tried to look up a patient by a phone number and error would occur. This has been corrected.
- Printing - A change was made to the caretaker program to prevent 'hanging' issues caused by incorrectly defined Legacy printers.
- Printing - An error would occur if you tried to print from within NetPracticePM and the NetPracticePM Print Service was not installed. Program modified to prevent error.
- Practice Vitals Dashboard - The NoShows field was not displaying the quantity of No Show procedure codes posted and has been corrected. The No Show procedure code is stored in the No Show Code field in the Scheduling System Integrations located on the System, Database Maintenance Menu.
- Create Delinquent Insurance File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Delinquent Insurance Menu) - An error was occurring if the Create Delinquent Insurance function was already running and you accessed the function to run it again. It was not able to display the help message that the file was already being created.
- Transmission File Inquiry (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims, File Maintenance) - When this report was printed to Excel via MyReports it did not generate any data, it only printed the report headings.
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - The Case Indicator was missing on insurance claims. This was caused by a previous programming change that converted the Accident Type fields held in each Case Record from check boxes to option buttons.
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - When claims printed that contained Take Home Supply procedures, a change had to be made for Box 24K so that only the number contained in the Supply ID field of the Doctor Code table would print. The program had been trying to print the Provider number in addition to the Supply ID number incorrectly.
- Managed Care Analysis Report (Managed Care, Management Reports) - If you typed any data in the Plan Code fields, the report was not acknowledging the data and would not generate the report properly.
- Expected Co-pay Report (Managed Care, Management Reports) - An error could occur when running this report. Program was corrected to prevent the error.
- Create Capitated Write-offs (Managed Care, Capitation Functions) - ***New Functionality*** - This function was enhanced to use Batch numbers.
- Reviewing a E-Superbill in Transaction History (Patient, Review Patient Information, History) - When you clicked on an E-Superbill icon from Transaction History, it would cause an error and not display the procedures or diagnosis codes.
- Transaction History (Patient, Review Patient Information, History) - An error would occur when using the Refile Action function in Transaction History if you tried to refile multiple line items.
- Transaction History - Ledger view (Patient, Review Patient Information, History) - ***Family Billing only*** - If you were reviewing a slave account in the Ledger-Detailed view, the Insurance Balance would not display. This issue has been corrected.
- Case Management Information (Patient, Change Patient Data, Case Management) - Case Management would not allow you to select the Other option for the Accident Type field.
- Case Management Information (Patient, Change Patient Data, Case Management) - ***New Functionality*** - Converted the Accident Type fields held in each Case Record from check boxes to option buttons for Job, Auto and Other.
- Patient Registration - ***Text Users only*** - You were not able to register a patient with a secondary insurance policy if the primary insurance policy was Medicare.
- Patient Summary Screen (Patient, Change Patient Data) - Any Insurance policies on the patient's account that had the Special Billing check box selected were being incorrectly displayed on the Patient Summary Screen. This problem was introduced in 7.2.0 and has been corrected.
- List of Patients by Referral Source (Patient, Patient Listings, Sorted Lists of Patients, Double Sorted Lists of Patients, List of Patients by Responsible Doctor) - This report was not generating any data. The program has been corrected.
- MyReports - Resolved an issue if you selected Print Here when printing a report in MyReports. The program would not respond.
- DMS List Processor (Reports, Data Management System) - ***New Functionality*** - The DMS List Processor will now allow a null value when using the Equals operator.
- Add or Change a Letter (Reports, Data Management System, DMS Letter Processor) - The data elements for the Second Last Diagnosis Code, Third Last Diagnosis Code and the Fourth Last Diagnosis Code were not in the Data Library. These data elements have been added back in.
- Insurance Never Filed (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - An error would sometimes occur when printing this report.
- Insurance Denial Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - This report will no longer print items that have been paid in full or if there has been any activity posted for the insurance carrier after the denial - whether it be a payment, adjustment, claim filed, or refiled.
- Summary Aged A/R by Responsible Doctor (Reports, Aged Accounts Receivable Reports, Summary Aged A/R ) - Corrected a problem that would cause an error condition to occur while accessing any patient accounts that had been deleted.
- Aged Accounts Receivable Reports - An error could occur when generating any aged accounts receivable report that included percentages. This problem was introduced in 7.2.0 and has been corrected
- Procedure Analysis by Date of Service (Reports, Statistical Reports, Detailed Procedure Analysis) - This report was incorrectly including dates outside of the date range selected.
- Adjustment Analysis by Modifier - ***New Functionality*** - This new report allows you to print the Adjustment Analysis Report sorted by Modifier. The report will only print adjustments that were applied to procedures that had modifiers attached to them.
- Delinquent Accounts by Billing Group (Reports, Delinquent Accounts Receivable Reports) - If you printed this report for all billing groups and selected to send it to MyReports, it would only print the first billing group in the table. The program has been corrected.
- Type of Visit Report (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - This report will now accept ranges of codes that contain both Alpha and Numeric codes. You can also print this report to Excel now.
- Scheduled Doctor Calendar (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - The calendar would not print for December. This has been corrected.
- Patient Check In/Out (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - If you accessed Patient Check In/Out from within the Enter Patient Appointments function, the Filter would revert back to the default settings after selecting a patient. This has been resolved.
- Enter Patient Appointments - Legacy printers are no longer available for selection when printing a DMS Rich Text document using the Letter function.
- Enter Patient Appointments - The Referring Dr that displays in the Patient Information section of the schedule has been changed to display the Printing Name field for the Referral Source code first and if that field is empty, it will display the Sort Name.
- E-Superbill (Schedule, Patient Check In/Out) - The Units field has been expanded to allow up to 7 characters.
- Change Database Parameters (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - The Organizational NPI was not saved after it was added in. This has been corrected.
- NetReminder Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Include No Shows field has been added which allows you to indicate if you want patients that have missed their appointments to be called. You must use the Post No-Show Appointments function located on the Schedule menu for this new field to work properly and gather the required patient data. ***Prior to using this new field, you will need to:
- Create the 'message script' you want to use when these patients are called.
- Contact your Customer Service Team and provide them with the 'message script'.
- Wait to receive notification from your Customer Service Team the new message script has been activated.
- Print Procedure Profile Report (Tables, Procedure Code Table) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Facility Amounts field has been added, which allows you to select whether you want Facility or Non-Facility Amounts to print.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - A problem was corrected that caused erroneous 'File Incomplete' messages when attempting to import ERA files from certain payers.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - If a Copay is expected for a patient, it will now print on the EOB.
- Procedure Entry and Payment Entry (TRN.PRO and TRN.PMT) - ***Text Users only*** - If you entered a Batch number that did not exist in any of the functions that contain the Batch Number field, you would encounter an error.
- Daily Register (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - The Daily Register can no longer be printed to Excel. It requires some design changes prior to exporting properly to Excel, which will be performed in the future.
- Edit a Batch (Transactions, Transaction Batch Control) - The Charge Total, Payment Total, and Adjustment Total fields have been expanded and will now allow up to 15 characters.
- Unposted Procedures - If you used the More function after posting a charge from Unposted Procedures, it was possible for incorrect diagnosis codes to be populated on the main Procedure Entry screen. This problem would only occur if you accessed Procedure Entry after accessing the Unposted Procedures function.. This issue has been corrected.