7.2.23 Service Pack Release Notes 08-23-07
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Practice Vitals Dashboard - ***New Functionality*** - The calculation for the Patients in Off field has been modified and will now represent the total number of patient accounts that have had their appointment status set to Checked-In but have not been set to Checked-Out yet. Since some practices have separate appointment status codes for each department as the patient migrates through the office, this figure will now calculate every patient that has been 'Checked-In'. In the past, this figure would only calculate the total number of patient accounts that had their appointment status currently equal Checked-In and would ignore any other accounts.
- Practice Vitals Dashboard - ***New Functionality*** - The Appointments and Patients New categories have been enhanced to include figures for the Year-to-Date (YTD) column.
- Help - After you log onto NetPracticePM or click the Home icon, NetPracticePM Help has been corrected to automatically display the Help text for the User Desktop Functions.
- Create Insurance File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - When the UB Payer check box is selected for an insurance carrier code, a change has been made that will prevent any 'non-UB' claims from being placed on the Exception report stating the insurance form type has not been set up in the Electronic Claims Integrations.
- Print Exception Report (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - It was possible for 'Spaces in Modifier' exceptions to print for line items that didn't have a problem with modifiers. This problem has been corrected.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - If you have the Suppress Legacy Numbers check box selected in the Electronic Claims Integration for an insurance carrier, this program has been updated to no longer place transactions on the Exception Report for missing the provider number.
- Print All Data for Active Patients (Patient, Patient Listings) - *Family Billing Systems only* - You can now print the Transaction History for individual family members.
- Transaction History - *Family Billing Systems only* - You can now print the Transaction History for individual family members.
- Aged Accounts Receivable for Insurance (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - If numerous denials, reversals, and refiles were performed on transactions, this could prevent NetPracticePM from being able to determine the appropriate insurance carrier for each individual transaction outstanding on the patient account and the account could be eliminated from the report. This problem has been corrected and the program will now automatically force any 'unknown' balances to be assigned to the last insurance carrier the transaction was 'filed' or 'refiled' to.
- Daily Register (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***New Functionality*** - The report has been enhanced and will now print insurance doctor code for the transaction if you select to print with patient and transaction detail. The Performing Doctor (P) and Insurance Doctor (I) codes will print under the P/I column.
- Post ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - The 'Applied to Deductible' denial was not getting posted if only a partial amount of a transaction was applied towards the patient's deductible. This has been corrected.