7.2.26 Service Pack Release Notes 10-10-07
List of Programming Corrections
NetPracticePM and Text Systems
- Practice Vitals Dashboard - The calculation for the Patients in Off field has received another modification to ensure every appointment status code is processed properly. It will still include patients that have had their appointment status initially set to Checked-In and have not been set to Checked-Out yet - but now it will also include any patients that have been set to status codes that have the Check In/Out Status Code check box selected in the Patient Status/Location Table.
- Refile or Deny Insurance (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - When a denial was posted the insurance ledger would incorrectly display the description as 'Denied Electronic'. This has been corrected and the word 'Electronic' has been eliminated.
- Print Exception Report (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - A Patient Address exception could occur incorrectly for claims, even when the patient account contained a secondary address and did not have the Primary Address check box selected in the Billing screen. This problem has been corrected.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - UB Insurance Claims only - A problem could occur that would prevent UB claims from being journaled if your NetPracticePM system contained multiple databases. This has been corrected. Note: The UB Payer check box in the insurance carrier code table should be selected for every UB insurance carrier. This indicates to NetPracticePM that a claim is 'allowed' to be submitted on a UB form, as long as it meets all the other applicable criteria for your practice. If the UB Payer check box is not selected for an insurance carrier, you are instructing NetPracticePM to never send any claims for the insurance carrier on a UB form, regardless of any criteria.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - Health Net of Arizona has been rejecting electronic insurance claims that contain more than four diagnosis codes. Even though the ANSI standard specifically states that up to eight diagnosis codes can be submitted per claim, Health Net of Arizona will reject them. This program has been changed for this insurance carrier to split an insurance claim into multiple claims if it encounters more than four diagnosis codes to prevent this rejection.
- Populate Collection Roster - This function was not always displaying the message on the screen when the function was completed. This has been corrected.
- Change Patient Information - ***New Functionality*** - A new Refile to Paper check box has been added to the Refile dialog box when you select the 'Refile Action' for a transaction in the patient's transaction history screen.
- Corporate Daily Register (Reports, Corporate Reports) - The totals would not display on the report when it was printed to MyReports. This has been corrected.
- Aged Accounts Receivable for Insurance (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - The 7.2.23 Service Pack included the following correction: 'If numerous denials, reversals, and refiles were performed on transactions, this could prevent NetPracticePM from being able to determine the appropriate insurance carrier for each individual transaction outstanding on the patient account and the account could be eliminated from the report. This problem has been corrected and the program will now automatically force any 'unknown' balances to be assigned to the last insurance carrier the transaction was 'filed' or 'refiled' to.' In this service pack an additional correction has been made so the program will only force any 'unknown' balances if you select the check boxes to include both Primary Carriers and Secondary Carriers.
- Summary Analysis by Corporation (Reports, Statistical Reports, Summary Analysis Report) - ***New Functionality*** - A new report has been added that will combine the totals for every database and provide the total charges, payments and adjustments for the entire corporation.
- Patient Check In/Out - It was possible for an error to occur after printing a superbill from within this function. This problem has been corrected.
- Maintain Status/Locations (Schedule, Scheduling Table Maintenance, Patient Status/Location Table) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Check In/Out Status Code field has been added to this table. This field is used when calculating the Patients in Off total listed in the Practice Vitals Dashboard. This field should be selected for every status code that you use when patients are processed through the Patient Check In/Out function, as they migrate through your office. Note: During the installation of this service pack, this new check box was automatically selected for every existing status code in your table. You should review all the codes in your table and clear the check boxes for any codes that are not used when patients are processed through the Patient Check In/Out function.
- Print a Document (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - The Scheduling data element was not printing correctly when used within a DMS document.
- Print a Document (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - When printing a Rich Text Document to a Windows printer, a blank page would print at the end of the print job. This problem has been corrected.
- Print the Referral Source Table (Tables, Referral Source Table) - The Fax Number field was incorrectly printing the UPIN Number. This has been addressed.
- Unposted Procedures - Unposted co-payments were not always getting posted when posting procedures within this function.