7.3.11 Service Pack Release Notes 04-30-10
List of Programming Corrections and Additions
- Deny Insurance Claims (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions) - When the account had a primary, secondary and tertiary carrier in effect for the date of service being denied, when you denied it to the primary carrier, a claim filed to both the secondary and tertiary carrier. If you then denied it to the secondary carrier it did not file to the tertiary carrier. This has been resolved.
- Print Exception Report (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) ***New Functionality*** An exception for Invalid PS Format has been added. This exception occurs if you have entered a PS special procedure code, but have not entered the information correctly in the Description field on the charge.
- Create Collection Fee (Collections, Patient Collections, Turn Over Functions) ***New Functionality*** This menu has been added so you can post a collection fee to accounts. You must add an Adj Code for Collection Fee in the Patient Collections Integration for this to work. See the System section of these release notes for more information.
- Move Accounts to Collection Database (Collections, Patient Collections, Turn Over Functions) ***New Functionality*** This function now also transfers the Collection Fee adjustment to the Collections database and writes the amount off the main database, if you have an adjustment code entered in the Adj Code for Collection Fee field in the Patient Collections Integration.
- Populate Collection Roster (Collections, Insurance Collections) - A change has been made to ensure that outstanding charges with a 0.00 insurance payment posted within the Expected Pmt Days, but not posted as a denial, still populate into collections into the Expected Payment status.
- Case Management (Patient, Change Patient Data) ***New Functionality*** The magnifying glass icon was added to the Case Manager Code and Case Adjuster Code fields so you can search the Case Manager/Adjuster Code Table.
- History (Patient, Change Patient Data) - If you selected the Deny Action to deny a secondary or tertiary claim, it reflected in the insurance ledger as 'Denied Primary' instead of 'Denied Secondary' or 'Denied Tertiary'. This has been resolved.
- History (Patient, Change Patient Data) ***NetPay Clients Only*** ***New Functionality*** A printer icon displays in the Img column for payments collected with NetPay so you can display and reprint the receipt. Also, a Print Receipt: field and printer icon have been added to the Transaction History Detail screen for payments collected with NetPay.
- Create PC-Immunize Data (Patient, PC-Immunize) ***New Functionality*** Procedure code 90670 has been added to the PC-Immunize file.
- Patient Check In/Out ***New Functionality*** If you have selected the Assign Superbill # at Check-In check box in the Scheduling System Integration and you check in a patient, access the E-Superbill, and click Cancel without having saved any charges, a message, Cancelling out of the E-Superbill without entering any charges will delete the superbill number that was assigned to this appointment at Check In. Do you want to continue? displays. If you click Yes it will delete the superbill number assigned to that appointment. If you click No, the superbill number remains assigned to that appointment.
- Print Appointment Schedule to Excel (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) ***New Functionality*** Primary Ins Code and Primary Ins Name columns have been added in between the Phone and User Defined Comment 1 columns to print the primary carrier in effect for the date of the appointment.
- NetReminder Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) ***NetReminder Clients Only*** ***New Functionality*** The First NetReminder and Second NetReminder fields have been increased to allow two digits.
- Patient Collections Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) ***New Functionality*** An Adj Code for Collection Fee field has been added so you can use the new Create Collection Fee function if you choose. You must first set up a new adjustment code in Maintain Adjustment Codes. See the Collections section of these release notes for more information.
- System Log (System, File Maintenance Menu, Look-Up Functions) ***New Functionality*** This function now tracks the new Create Collection Fee function. See the Collections section of these release notes for more information.
- Import/Export CPT Price List (Tables, Procedure Code Table) ***New Functionality*** This menu has been added so you can import a price list from your computer into NetPracticePM or export a price list from NetPracticePM to your computer.
- Maintain Procedure Code Amounts (Tables, Procedure Code Table) - If a database is new or does not have an established procedure price list, you will now be prompted to add an Effective Date and the CPT codes will be copied into that effective date so you can start to enter the prices. You must have an existing Procedure Code Table before you Maintain Procedure Code Amounts.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - It was possible for the patient responsibility (PR) reason codes to be dropped from the EOB printout. This has been resolved.
- Payment Entry Function - It was possible for an error to occur when you clicked the question mark icon next to the Insurance Carrier field. This has been resolved.
- Procedure Entry Function - The Post-Op Days alert message can only contain 246 characters, therefore the message will display only the seven most recent post-op global periods.
- Unposted Procedures - If Check for Duplicate Transactions is selected in NetPracticePM Default Values, messages now display if you try to post or auto-post a procedure that is a duplicate of one already posted to the account. If you try to Store charges that have already been stored, a message displays warning you of the duplicate. Since you can Store duplicate procedures, click OK on the message and click Store again to store the duplicate.
- Unposted Procedures - If you have a charge interface, it was possible for the procedure price to reflect as $0.00 because the price was not being pulled from the fee schedule attached to the patient's account. This has been resolved.
***Did You Know?***
- Move Accounts to Collection Database (Collections, Patient Collections, Turn Over Functions) - If you make any adjustments to charges in the Collections database only and those items become delinquent again in the main database, those items in the Collections database will not be updated with the amount due as shown in the main database.
- Adjustment Journal in the Collections Database - The Adjustment Journal will not balance because audit trails are not held for adjustments that are transferred via the Move Accounts to Collection Database function. The Adjustment Journal reflects only what occurred in the Collections database after the account was transferred.
- Patient Check In-Out - If you have selected the Assign Superbill # at Check-In field in the Scheduling System Integration and you check the patient in using the Status Code for Checked In specified in the Patient Check In/Out Integration, the superbill number is assigned to the appointment at that time. If the patient is already checked in, it will not assign a superbill number to the appointment if you try to check the patient in again.