7.3.13 Service Pack Release Notes 08-10-2010
List of Programming Corrections and Additions
- Move/Rebuild Transmission File (Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - It was possible for special procedure code NOTE19 to go on electronic claims as both the general claim note and the note on the first posted charge. This has been resolved and NOTE19 is sent as a general claim note only.
- Move/Rebuild Transmission File (Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - A change has been made to the electronic claims for Medicare GI Screening to allow more than one diagnosis pointer on the procedure lines.
- Print Insurance Forms (Insurance Billing Functions) *Clients using HCFA Alignment Wizard Program Only*
- Paper claims will now be split by Referral Source. If you enter charges with all of the same information except for the Referral Source, the charges will print on separate claims to reflect the different referral sources.
- Box 32 and Box 33 on the HCFA have been increased from 25 to 27 characters.
- Workers Compensation Claims Only* If you type a number in the Claim Number field within the Case Management record on a patient account, this claim number will override the Policy Number entered in the Insurance Policy Information for the corresponding carrier in Box 1 of the HCFA form, if Insurance Form=B is selected for that carrier in Maintain Insurance Carriers.
- *Washington State Clients Only* On immunization claims, Box 24J will print the WVA NPI number, 1699092718.
- *Washington State Clients Only* Requirements for immunization claims when billed on a HCFA: For procedure codes marked as an Immunization Code in Maintain Procedure Codes, (see the Tables section of these release notes for more information) claims will split as follows:
- If you post the immunization code first and a non-Immunization code next, these should print on two separate claims.
- If a claim contains only immunizations, it should print all on one claim.
- If immunizations and non-immunization codes are posted in random order, it should group all immunization codes on one claim and all non-immunization codes on another claim.
- If you post the immunization administration code first, the immunization code should print on a separate claim.
- Send Electronic Statements *Linking Databases Only* - A change has been made so that the statement activity and last statement date are now also stored on the slave accounts in addition to the master account. This includes: placing the Adj Code for Stmts (from NetPracticePM Default Values) in the transaction history; voiding the statement adjustment if the statement is discarded and resetting the last statement date; and placing the statement image in the transaction history.
Action Required: Since statement routines are not sent out in service packs, if you would like this change to be loaded on your system, contact customer service.
- Update Confirmation Report Inquiry (Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims, File Maintenance) - This screen now displays in reverse chronological order with the most recent entry at the top of the screen.
- Expected Co-pay Report (Management Reports) - Previously this report would print the co-pay that was collected for the primary insurance that was billed, even after the charge had been billed to another primary insurance (on a case, for example). A change has been made so that the only co-payments that print on this report are those that were posted using a Payment Code that has the Copayment option selected and the co-payment is posted with the primary insurance carrier that was in effect for the date of service on the charge.
- Expected Payment Report (Management Reports) - This report would print the primary insurance carrier on the account instead of the primary insurance carrier attached to the case for that charge. This has been resolved.
- Maintain Authorizations (Authorization Tracking Menu) - The Authorization Number and Equiv Auth Number fields have been increased to allow 25 characters.
- DMS (Change Patient Data) -
- The summary list of specific DMS records now displays in reverse chronological order with the most recent note at the top of the screen. This change was made to the following DMS records: Notes, INotes, RXNotes, Peri, Nurse, Alerts, Family, SNotes, Rad, Work and XRay.
- When you Delete a custom DMS record (one created in the Form Generator and stored as a Historical form) the message, Are you sure you want to delete this record ? displays.
- On the Hospitalization record, the Floor # field has been increased to allow ten characters.
- History (Change Patient Data) - The Insert Special Code Action has been enhanced so you can insert a special procedure code anywhere within the claim even when payments or adjustments have already been posted to those charges.
- History (Change Patient Data) - When you select a charge and select the Edit a Charge Action, the Edit All Transactions for this Date check box and functionality are no longer available. If you want to make the same change to multiple charges, you must select the check box next to each charge and then select the Edit a Charge Action to edit the selected charges all at once.
- Insurance (Change Patient Data) - *New Functionality* - When you terminate an insurance policy, the Deny dialog box opens and you must select a Practice Denial Reason (required) and an Insurance Denial Reason (optional) and click Save. The policy will be terminated and all open charges to that carrier will automatically be denied and the selected Practice Denial Reason will display in the transaction detail for that charge. If you click Cancel, the policy will not be terminated and the screen refreshes to the main Change Patient Data screen.
- Insurance (Change Patient Data) - *NetVerify Clients Only* - *New Functionality* - You can now select to view the patient's eligibility history in either the Classic View (as it has always been) or in the new Expandable View, by toggling between these buttons in the Action Column in the Eligibility History function. The Expandable View is only available on Verify Eligibility results that are run after this service pack is loaded on your system. Prior results display in the classic view only. In the Expandable View you can also toggle between the Collapse All and Expand All Action Column buttons. The Print function is available in all views. These enhancements have also been made in the Eligibility History function in Patient Check In/Out and in Eligibility Status (Schedule, Verify Eligibility). See the System (NetVerify Integration) section of these release notes for information about setting the default view.
- Add or Change a Letter (Data Management System, DMS Letter Processor) - Previously the CaseInsurancePrimary, CaseInsuranceSecondary and CaseInsuranceTertiary data elements were not populating the data stored on the case. This has been resolved.
- Aged Receivables by Billing Group through Aged Receivables by Department (Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) - Formatting improvements have been made to these reports when you select the High Balance option and print the report to Microsoft Excel via MyReports.
- Aged Receivables by Department (Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) - *New Functionality* - You can now print this report in Excel format by selecting the Microsoft Excel via MyReports option from the Printers dialog box.
- Comparative Adjustment Analysis Reports (Statistical Reports, Adjustment Analysis Reports) - Formatting improvements have been made to these reports when printed to Microsoft Excel via MyReports.
- Comparative Payment Analysis Reports (Statistical Reports, Payment Analysis Reports) - Formatting improvements have been made to these reports when printed to Microsoft Excel via MyReports.
- Comparative Productivity Reports (Statistical Reports, Productivity Analysis Reports) - Formatting improvements have been made to these reports when printed to Microsoft Excel via MyReports.
- Detailed Diagnosis Analysis Reports and Detailed Procedure Analysis Reports (Statistical Reports) -
- The Diagnosis List field on the Diagnosis Analysis Reports and the Procedures List field on the Procedure Analysis Reports have been enhanced to include the list Name in parentheses to the right of the list Description.
- *New Functionality* - A Delete List button has been added so you can completely delete a previously saved list. A message, This function deletes the list permanently and it cannot be recovered. Are you sure you want to delete this list? displays.
- *Family Billing Databases Only* The Guarantor Name column header has been changed to Master Name, since this column actually prints the name on the Master Account, which can sometimes be different from the Guarantor name. Also, it was possible for the master name to print as the patient name from the line above. This has been resolved.
- Detailed Procedure Analysis (Statistical Reports) - All Begin with and End with fields for all sorts of these reports have been increased to allow ten characters.
- Productivity Analysis by Modifier (Statistical Reports, Productivity Analysis Reports) - It was possible for this report to not produce any results. This has been resolved.
- Sorted Summary Aged A/R by Reports (Aged Accounts Receivable Reports, Summary Aged A/R) - The Begin with and End with fields have been enhanced in each sort so you can search the existing tables by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
- Summary Aged A/R (Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) - The Begin with and End with fields have been enhanced in each sort so you can search the existing tables by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
- Enter Patient Appointments - When you clicked Select Patient to search for a patient and then clicked it again to search for a different patient, the Patient Look-Up function did not have all of the search fields available. This has been resolved.
- Patient Check In/Out - When you post a no show using the No Show Action Column function or when you manually change the patient's appointment status to No Show, these patients will no longer appear on the Patient Check In/Out summary list.
- Re-Print Superbills (Scheduling Printing Menu) - If you had selected the Assign Superbill # at Check-In check box in the Scheduling System Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) the Superbills would not reprint. This has been resolved. This resolution is not retroactive; so if you have patients that are checked-in before this service pack is loaded on your system, you cannot reprint Superbills for those patients.
- List Inactive Patients (File Maintenance Menu, Inactive Patients Menu) - It was possible for the Date Inactivated to not print. This has been resolved.
- Merge Patient Accounts (File Maintenance Menu) - *Family Billing Databases Only* This function has been temporarily disabled so appropriate modifications and enhancements can be made and it will be restored with the release of the 7.3.14 service pack.
- Merge Patient Accounts (File Maintenance Menu) - *Linking Billing Databases Only* Enhancements have been made to this function so that all linking indicators are maintained when merging a slave account into a standalone account; when merging a Master account into a standalone account (making sure the slave accounts point to the new account number set up for the Master account); and when merging a standalone account into a Slave or Master account.
- NetPracticePM Integration Options (Database Maintenance Menu) - The Lab Type of Service Code and the Surgery Type of Service Code fields have been removed from this menu. This functionality is now handled in the Type of Service Table. See the Tables section of these release notes for more information.
- NetVerify Integration (Database Maintenance Menu) *NetVerify Clients Only* *New Functionality* A Default View field has been added so you can select which view the patient's eligibility history opens with; either as it has always been (Classic), or in the new Expandable view. (You can toggle back and forth between the views from within the Eligibility History function.) See the Patient (Insurance - Change Patient Data) section of these release notes for information on the Expandable view.
Action Required: The Default View is set to Classic. If you want to see the Expandable view, you must select the Expandable option.
- User Database Access (User Management) *New Functionality* The former User Database Restriction function has been renamed User Database Access since this function allows you to select which databases users can have access to.
- Select a User Code and then select the check box next to each of the databases that you want that specific user to be able to access.
- If the user has the Allow Database Change option selected in Maintain Users, then the All Databases option is also available.
- If Allow Database Change is not selected in Maintain Users, then the Default Database Only option is available.
- If the user does not have database change permissions and yet you select additional databases in this function, then whatever is selected here overrides the database change permissions and the user will be able to change among the selected databases.
- The user will always have access to the default Database Number stored in Maintain Users regardless of what other databases are selected here.
- If you had not previously defined anything for a specific user in the former User Database Restriction function, then either the All Databases option or the Default Database Only option is automatically selected based on whether or not the user has the Allow Database Change option selected in Maintain Users.
- If you did previously define database access for a specific user in the former User Database Restriction function, then those same databases will be automatically selected here.
- Maintain Post-Op Days (Procedure Code Table, Post-Op Days Table) - The Type of Service to select from only includes the types of service that have the Surgery Type of Service check box selected in the Type of Service Table. The procedure codes to select from in the Begin with Procedure Code and End with Procedure Code fields only include those procedure codes that are tied to the type of service selected in the Type of Service field. (See the Maintain Type of Service Codes release note below.)
- Maintain Procedure Code Amounts (Procedure Code Table) - An error could occur if you updated an amount, went back into that same code, updated the amount and saved it again. This has been resolved.
- Maintain Procedure Codes (Procedure Code Table) *New Functionality* An Immunization Code field has been added so you can select which codes should generate into the Create PC-Immunize Data function for state reporting. With this service pack, the Immunization Code check box has been selected on the following codes:
86580; 86585; 86648; 90281; 90287; 90291; 90371; 90375; 90376; 90378; 90389; 90396; 90466; 90467; 90470; 90472; 90473; 90581; 90585; 90592; 90632; 90633; 90634; 90645-90649; 90655-90660; 90663; 90665; 90669; 90670; 90675; 90680; 90690-90693; 90696; 90698; 90700-90721; 90723-90728; 90730-90735; 90737; 90741; 90742; 90744; 90745-90750.
Action Required: You must clear the Immunization Code field on all immunization codes that you do not want to generate into the file for state reporting.
- Maintain Type of Service Codes (Type of Service Table) *New Functionality* Lab Type of Service and Surgery Type of Service fields have been added so you can indicate if a type of service code falls within one of these two categories. This allows you to have more than one type of service categorized as 'Surgery' or 'Lab'. These fields have been removed from the NetPracticePM Integration Options. See the System section of these release notes for more information.
- Print the Post-Op Days Table (Procedure Code Table, Post-Op Days Table) - If you leave the Begin/End with Type of Service fields blank, only those procedures that are tied to a type of service that has the Surgery Type of Service check box selected in Maintain Type of Service Codes will print. If you do select something in the Begin/End with Type of Service fields then the procedures selectable in the Begin/End with Procedure Code fields will only include those codes that are tied to a type of service within that selected Begin/End with Type of Service range. (See the Maintain Type of Service Codes release note above.)
- Edit a Transaction - If you had edited a charge transaction and accessed the charge again to make another edit, the previously used Editing Reason still displayed, allowing you to make another change without updating the reason. This has been resolved and now the Editing Reason field defaults as blank and you must complete this field for every charge transaction edit.
- Edit a Transaction - Previously, if you added to or changed anything in the Coinsurance $, Deductible $, Copay $, Other $, or Other Code fields on a charge transaction, those additions/changes did not display in the patient's transaction history detail for that charge. This has been resolved and those values now display.
- Immunization Journal *New Functionality* This journal prints results for all immunization codes posted during a selected date of service range or accounting date range. This journal includes only those procedure codes that have the new Immunization Code check box selected in Maintain Procedure Codes. See the Tables - Maintain Procedure Codes section of these release notes for more information.
- Payment Entry Function - When you clicked Closed in the Action Column from the payment allocation screen, it would only display items 90 days back from the date of service. This has been changed to display items 730 days (24 months) back from the date of service.
- Post ERA File (Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - Several enhancements have been made to the way the auto-generated EOB image attaches to the payment line items in the patient's transaction history. Now EOB images will display next to the corresponding payment for secondary and tertiary insurance payments and on payments from multiple primary, secondary or tertiary carriers. Also, previously, if you terminated an insurance carrier the EOB image would disappear; if you changed a carrier from primary to secondary, the EOB image could move to another payment posted to that charge. This has been resolved.
- Pre-Treatment - If you used a procedure group, it was possible for the multiplier to be set at 1 in procedure entry, regardless of how many multipliers were stored on a procedure in Maintain Procedure Grouping Codes. This has been resolved.
- Pre-Treatment *New Functionality* The Collect Payment function was added to the Action Column. This function works in Pre-Treatment the same way it does in Patient Check In/Out. You can collect co-payments and ROA payments. If you use NetPay you can also collect delayed payments and process voids and credits to these payments. Payments entered here will print on the Check In/Out Payment Journal and the Unposted Payment Journal.
- Procedure Entry Function - Previously, when you entered charges for a patient, the Unposted Procedures screen for that patient displayed charges entered in the Pre-Treatment function. This has been changed and those charges will no longer display in this list. Those charges are stored in the Pre-Treatment function only.
- Procedure Entry Function - Previously if you clicked the magnifying glass icon next to the Proc field to search for a procedure code, the correct Normal Price $ for the date of service selected would not display. This has been resolved.
*Did You Know?*
Aged Receivables by Billing Group Aged Receivables by Department (Aged Accounts Receivable Reports) If you select the Transaction Detail check box, the report prints all of the transaction details for every charge still outstanding, but it will only print the dollar amount for the items that are included in that sort. All of the items outside of that particular sort print with a 0.00. For example, if you print Aged Receivables by Performing Dr and select Doctor Code=1, the report prints all charges with outstanding balances for that patient, but will only print the dollar amount for those outstanding charges where Doctor Code=1 was the performing doctor.
Payment Entry Function When you enter personal payments (payments with a Payment Code that has the No option selected in the Insurance Payment field in Maintain Payment Codes) you can click the Oldest button in the Action Column on the payment allocation screen and that payment automatically moves to the oldest date of service with a patient balance.