7.3.6 Service Pack Release Notes 04-09-09
List of Programming Corrections
- Practice Vitals Dashboard - ***New Functionality*** - You can modify the Days in A/R field to include charges for either 90, 180 or 365 days. Previously it only calculated for 90 days' worth of charges. For more information see the System section of these release notes.
- Tasks - It was possible for a new task assigned to an individual user to save as Everyone must complete. This has been corrected.
- Tasks - It was possible for completed tasks assigned to a group to remain on the Task List. This has been corrected.
- Work Accounts (Collections, Insurance Collections) -
- ***New Functionality*** - The INotes function has been added to the Action Column on the detailed Work Accounts screen so you can add Insurance Notes to the account.
- ***New Functionality*** - A Type of Insurance field has been added so you can filter the accounts by Primary, Secondary, Tertiary insurances or All insurances.
- ***New Functionality*** - A Balances Greater than $ field has been added so you can filter the accounts by a minimum balance.
- History (Patient, Change Patient Data) - ***New Functionality*** - The INotes function has been added to the Action Column so you can add Insurance Notes to the account.
- Hospitalization DMS Record (Patient, Change Patient Data) - ***New Functionality*** - A Hospital Note field has been added.
- Insurance Policy Information (Patient, Change Patient Data) - ***New Functionality*** - If an insurance carrier is tied to a case, that Insurance Carrier Code field on the patient's Insurance Policy Information screen cannot be edited. You must remove that carrier from the case before editing the code. If no claims are pending for that carrier, you can then edit the code.
- History (Patient, Review Patient Information) - ***New Functionality*** - The INotes function has been added to the Action Column so you can review Insurance Notes on the account.
- Check In/Out Payment Journal (Reports, Transaction Journals) - It was possible for the check number not to print. This has been corrected.
- Patient Check In/Out - ***New Functionality*** - The Claim Note on the E-Superbill has been expanded to allow 70 characters.
- Patient Check In/Out - ***New Functionality*** - When you add a note to the E-Superbill using the Notes function, you can now choose where you want the note to display: in Check-Out (when the patient's Check In/Out screen is accessed), in Billing (in Unposted Procedures), or Both. To create a different note for each function, save the first note and save the E-Superbill; then go back into the E-Superbill to create the other note. (The text from the first note still displays, so you just have to overwrite it.) Then you must save the note and save the E-Superbill again. For more information, see the Transactions section of these release notes.
- NetPracticePM Default Values (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - A Days in A/R Calculation field has been added so you can select the number of days' worth of charges to include in the Days in A/R calculation on the Practice Vitals Dashboard. Previously it included 90 days' worth of charges. Any change made to this integration will reflect after the NetPracticePM utilities update the dashboard each evening. For more information, see the User Desktop section of these release notes.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - A Payer Name column has been added to the Import ERA File - Listing of Remits screen and the Download from OSC listing to include the name of the payer (insurance company) as it is listed on the ERA.
- Post ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - It was possible for the check number from the ERAs to not store in the Check Number field on the Payment Entry screen. This has been corrected.
- Print Refund Checks - ***New Functionality*** - The information for the Payee selected in the Refund Entry Function automatically populates in the Payable To and address information fields. For more information, see the Refund Entry Function note below.
- Refund Entry Function - ***New Functionality*** - A Payee field has been added so you can select the patient, guarantor or insurance company that the refund check should go to. For more information, see the Print Refund Checks note above.
- Transaction Batch Control - ***New Functionality*** - A Default Last Batch check box has been added to the Batch Number selection screens. If selected, the last batch number (used by the current user, in the current database, for the current date) defaults in the Batch Number field.
- Unposted Procedures
- If procedures are entered using E-Superbill, NetMobile, or an interface, any Department Code associated with the doctor will now be stored in Unposted Procedures.
- ***New Functionality*** - A 'select-all' check box has been added to the column header of the check box column. Selecting this check box selects all procedures in the list that have the check box enabled. Clearing this check box clears the checked items.
- ***New Functionality*** - When adding a note to the E-Superbill using the Notes function, if you selected the option to include the note in Billing or Both, the note displays on the patient's Procedure Entry Function screen. For more information, see the Schedule section of these Release Notes.
***New Functionality*** - A Date Entered column and an Entered By column have been added to the far right of the screen to report User name, Date and Time information of when the transactions entered the Unposted Procedures function:
If you access the transaction directly from Unposted Procedures and Store it again, it will not store that User and Date information.
- When an E-Superbill is saved and/or when a saved E-Superbill is accessed again and then re-saved.
- When transactions are Stored in the Procedure Entry Function.
- When transactions enter Unposted Procedures from outside interfaced programs.
- When transactions enter Unposted Procedures from NetMobile.
***Did You Know?***
Menu Paths have been added to the top of every page in help to indicate where the function can be found. This helps in finding the NetPracticePM menu if you click a link in one help page that brings you to another help page in a different section of NetPracticePM.
Family and Linking Billing Types
Help is written based on the Patient Billing Type. If your practice was set up as a Family or Linking Billing Type at the time of installation, note that new help sections have been added in Introduction, System Conventions, Patient Registration, Change Patient Data, Review Patient Information and Enter Patient Appointments that describe where these Billing Types differ from the Patient Billing Type.
Minutes for Auto Log Off - Security Control File (System, User Management)
This field is used for the number of minutes you want to elapse before an idle NetPracticePM session is logged off, to prevent unauthorized users from accessing NetPracticePM on a staff member's workstation. The maximum time allowed is 179 minutes. Auto Log Off will also occur if you have multiple sessions open under the same User code. NetPracticePM takes the number of minutes set in the Minutes for Auto Log Off field and divides it by the number of sessions opened with the same User code. For example, if you have Minutes for Auto Log Off set for 60 minutes and you have six sessions opened under the 'MGR' user code, as soon as one of those sessions is idle for over 10 minutes (60 divided by 6), all six of those sessions will be logged off. To prevent this situation from happening frequently, you could set the Minutes to Lock Session field less than the Minutes for Auto Log Off field. This way the sessions would be locked, (requiring only a password to unlock) before, or instead of, being completely logged out of NetPracticePM.
Messages with Multiple Sessions Opened Under One User Code
If you have multiple users logged on with the same User code or multiple sessions open with the same User code, the Info pop-up messages that appear in the upper-left corner of the screen when you do things like send reports to MyReports or populate collections, appear on the first screen that is refreshed. Therefore, if you are waiting for a message, but someone else logged in as the same user refreshes their screen first, they will get the message, and once they click OK, its gone; you wont see the message on your screen.
Community Health Centers (CHCs) Only
New Help sections have been added to assist with NetPracticePM system setup for CHCs (Introduction, System Processes) and the UDS Reports (Reports, UDS Reports).