7.3.8 Service Pack Release Notes 09-09-09
List of Programming Corrections and Additions
- TASK MANAGEMENT - ***New Functionality*** - When you click Tasks in the Action Column, a Print Tasks functionality has been added to the bottom of the Task Management screen. A separate Internet Explorer window opens to display the task list. Click File and select Print from the menu bar.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - An exception for 'No Primary Carrier on the account' has been added. This exception occurs when a secondary claim is created and then the primary carrier is removed before the secondary claim is sent.
- Move Accounts to Collection Database (Collections, Patient Collections, Turn Over Functions) - ***New Functionality*** - A message, 'If you have not printed the Third Party Turnover report, you should do so before moving accounts to the Collection Database. Do you want to proceed with moving the accounts?' displays before you can continue with the function.
- Work Accounts (Collections, Patient Collections) - If you tried to Add a Note without a Next Contact date, an 'Invalid date format' message displayed and you could not save the note. Now the message is 'Next Contact date has not been entered. Click OK to proceed without entering a date', and you can save the note without a Next Contact date.
- Adjustment Analysis by Corporation (Reports, Statistical Reports, Adjustment Analysis Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - An Adj Codes or CPT option field has been added to this report.
- Claim Hold Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - The Claim Hold Reports have been added so you can run sorted reports by Accounting Date on claims that have a date entered in the Claim Hold field in the Procedure Entry Function.
- Insurance Related Reports - ***New Functionality*** - An Insurance Class field has been added to the following Insurance Related Reports:
These changes have also been made to the Insurance Related Reports under the Billing Menu.
- Aged Accounts Receivable for Insurance
- Filed/Paid/Adjusted Statistical Report
- Deny/Pend/Refile Statistical Report
- Insurance Procedure Analysis Reports
- Insurance Payment Analysis Reports
- Insurance Related Reports - ***New Functionality*** - These reports have been enhanced to include searchable fields. Instead of just typing the code, you now have the ability to select parameters from a drop-down list or by clicking the magnifying glass icon to search the tables. These changes have also been made to the Insurance Related Reports under the Billing Menu.
- Payment Analysis by Corporation (Reports, Statistical Reports, Payment Analysis Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - A Payment Codes or CPT option field has been added to this report.
- Edit Doctor Schedules (Schedule, Doctor Schedule Maintenance) - You can now add more than one Reserve to the last time slot in the schedule. Previously you could only have one Reserve on the last time slot.
- Enter Patient Appointments - ***New Functionality*** - A Comment field has been added to the Add/Change Reason Code dialog box that displays when you reschedule or delete an appointment so you can add free text in addition to the Reschedule/Delete reason code. Text in the Comment field prints on the Cancellation Report.
- Patient Check In/Out - When a payment is taken for a patient that is not on the schedule and that payment is voided at a later date, the Void is now recorded with the original payment date instead of the current void date.
- Print Appointment Schedule to Excel (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - The patient's entire name will now print. Previously only the first 18 characters would print.
- Form Generator (System, Form Wizards) - The following changes/enhancements have been made:
- It was possible for an error to occur after editing fields on a static form. This has been corrected.
- It was possible for an error to occur if you pressed the TAB key after entering information in the Multi Line Textbox. This has been corrected.
- It was possible for an error to occur after typing in the Label field on the Date and Time Field Types. This has been corrected.
- The Reporting Field Name was extended to allow 50 characters.
- An Options field has been added to the Existing Patient Information Field Type so you can select a data element to pull specific existing patient information onto the form.
- Several small formatting changes were made throughout the function.
- NetPracticePM Default Values (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - A Disable Active Reports option has been added. If selected, when you send a report to My Reports, it will print in standard, rather than active format.
- Maintain CPT/DX Linking (Tables, Procedure Code Table, CPT/DX Cross Linking Table) - ***New Functionality*** - A Form Type field has been added so you can store linked codes for specific insurance form types.
- Check In/Out Payment Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***NetPay Subscribers Only*** - The NetPay payment type code NP now displays and reflects the sub-totals and totals of all NetPay payments.
- Daily Register (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***New Functionality*** - This report can now be sorted by Insurance Doctor.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - It was possible for the provider's NPI number not to print on the ERA. This has been corrected.
- Import ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - A Display All Remits Action Column function has been added to the Download from OSC remit list so you can view remit files for all Insurance Form Types and all Databases. Click the new Database column header to sort by database. From the Display All view, click one of the two new Action Column functions to return to the original database and/or form type.
- Payment Entry Function - When a patient's secondary carrier had the E option selected in the Bill this Carrier field, it was possible for adjustments made under that carrier to be recorded as personal instead of insurance. This has been corrected.
- Post ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - An exception for 'Line item payment is greater than claim payment, must post manually' has been added to handle the instances when remits from secondary carriers list the payment amount on each charge as the amount that the primary insurance 'should' have paid. They then list the actual amount paid at the claim level, so there is no way for the program to tell what amount was paid on each charge.
- Print Payment Exceptions (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - Any 0.00 payment on any 0.00 charge (PQRS included) will no longer generate a zero dollar exception.
- Procedure Entry Function - ***New Functionality*** - A new special procedure code of NCT has been added. If you need to submit clinical trial information, add NCT to the Procedure Code Table. When posting, use NCT as the procedure code and the clinical trial number as the description. This is standard on electronic claims. If you need the information to print on a HCFA (it prints in Box 19), contact customer service.
- Unposted Procedures - It was possible for procedures to stay on the Unposted Procedures summary screen even though they had been posted to the account. This has been corrected.
***Did You Know?***
- Accept Assignment Protocol (Help Index, Introduction, System Processes) - An Accept Assignment Protocol section has been added to Help to explain the Accept Assignment fields throughout NetPracticePM.
- Delete Historic Transmission Files (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims, File Maintenance) - With this function, you can delete entries from the Transmission File Inquiry screen and the Transmission Journal up through a specific date. The default date is 60 days prior to the current system date. All entries that were transmitted prior and equal to the date selected will be deleted. The deletion date is based on the date the claims were transmitted (the First Trans date on the Transmission File Inquiry screen), not the date the original transmission file was created. After the Historic Transmission Files have been deleted, they are no longer available for re-transmission. You would have to individually refile all the claims in that journal in order to re-transmit them electronically. After the files have been deleted they cannot be restored by either you or NetPracticePM.
- MyReports - If you receive a WL10 error and 'Improper Logout' while trying to print a report to screen via the Print Here option, it is possible that the report you are trying to run is large enough to make Internet Explorer 'time-out' before NetPracticePM can generate the report. If this occurs, log back in and try to run the report again, but this time, choose to print it to MyReports. If you select the Notify me when report is complete check box at the bottom of the Printers dialog box, a message displays in the upper left corner of the NetPracticePM screen when the report is ready. Go to Reports, MyReports and select your report from the summary list to view and/or print it. If the report does not make it to MyReports, another error condition may exist. Contact customer service.
- Reset Statistical Files (System, File Maintenance Menu) - This function allows you to re-compile statistical figures for a given month. As you post transactions in NetPracticePM, the patient files are updated first, then the audit trail files, and finally the statistical files. If this posting sequence is interrupted for any reason, one or more of these files may not be properly updated and it may not be apparent until month-end when the end-of-month reports don't balance. This function only affects the statistical audit trail files that are used when generating Statistical Analysis Reports that do not contain patient detail. (Productivity Analysis Reports, Payment Analysis Reports, Adjustment Analysis Reports, and Summary Analysis Reports). If any other report does not balance, resetting the statistical files will not make a difference.