7.3.2 Service Pack Release Notes 05-16-08
List of Programming Corrections
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - All legacy numbers will now be omitted from claims if you have selected the Suppress Legacy Numbers check box on the Electronic Claims Integration screen for the various insurance form types.
NOTE: This change is to comply with the 'NPI Standard' deadline (May 23, 2008) to include only NPI numbers on claims, as issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will need to watch your confirmation reports closely in case there are some carriers that still require this information to process claims.
- Automatic Balance Write-Off (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Delinquent Insurance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - The Include Billing Groups by field has been added so you can select to perform this function based on the billing group tied to the Account or to the Transaction.
- Send Statements to CGM - If you attempt to Send Statements to CGM before the statements have finished printing in the background, you will now receive the following warning message: 'The statements are still printing. Try again later.'
- History (Patient, Change Patient Data) - It was possible for the Carrier list box to incorrectly display tertiary insurance policies as secondary insurance policies in the Refile action dialog box. A '(T)' will now display at the end of the tertiary insurance carrier name.
- Insurance Policy Information (Patient, Change Patient Data) - A message, ('Are you sure you wish to delete this policy?') will now appear when you attempt to delete an insurance policy from a patient account.
- Detailed Diagnosis Analysis (Reports, Statistical Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - This report can now be sorted by Referral Source.
- Insurance Payment Analysis Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports, Insurance Statistical Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - If you select the new Include Personal Payments check box, the report will also include non-insurance payments. The non-insurance payments will print under insurance carrier code '0' on the report.
- Print Office Address Labels - The office telephone number will now print on the labels.
- Productivity Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The No column now reflects the number of entries for a charge based on the multiplier used. Previously, a charge was counted only once for each patient instead of counting the multipliers on the charge. To reflect this change on these reports, you must first Reset Statistical Files for the same month of the previous year. For example, if you run the report for 04-2008, you must first reset the statistics for 04-2007. Then you must also reset the statistics for the year-to-date months (01-2008, 02-2008 and 03-2008). You will only need to reset the statistics for the year-to-date months one time.
- Enter Patient Appointments - ***New Functionality*** - ***Clients with Orthopad Interface Only*** - If a case is attached to an appointment, the interface will now automatically tie the charges to the case.
- Wait List (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - When you print the Wait List and select the Print Deleted Entries check box, it will now include the patients' names and the dates the patients were automatically deleted for being on the Wait List for over thirty days.
- Inquiry (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - If you deleted an appointment from the Inquiry screen, it was not possible to select and delete any additional appointments for that patient because the Modify function was missing from the Action Column. This has been corrected.
- Missing Charge Report (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - If you completed the Type of Service field in Maintain Type of Visit Codes, this report will now only include scheduled appointments where procedures for that Type of Service (or its equivalent) for that date have not been posted to the patient account. If you leave the Type of Service field blank, this report will look for any procedures posted to the patient account for that date.
- Print Superbills (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - If a patient had multiple cases stored in Case Management, it was possible for the Case data elements to print incorrectly on the superbill. This has been corrected.
- Electronic Claims Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - If you select the new Hold Claims check box, all claims for that insurance form number will not be sent. The claims will be held until you clear the check box. These claims will appear on the exception report until they are transmitted or moved to paper.
- Electronic Claims Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***United Government Services Claims Only*** - If the Suppress Legacy Numbers check box is selected, the UPIN number will not be sent in the 2310E loop in the electronic claims.
- NetMobile Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - ***NetMobile Users Only*** The Last Sync column has been added to the PDA Activity window. This column displays the last date and time the PDA was synchronized.
- NetMobile Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - ***NetMobile Users Only*** - If you click Save, the NetMobile dataset will automatically rebuild. NetPracticePM will display a message stating that you should not synchronize any PDA's for a minimum of five minutes after the rebuild has started.
- Unposted Procedures - ***New Functionality*** - You can now sort by the Loc (Location) and DOS (Date of Service) columns on the Unposted Procedures summary screen.
- Procedure Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Print in Location Order sorting option has been added.
- Date of Service Payment Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***New Functionality*** - With this new function you can print, by accounting date (or range of accounting dates), payments that were applied to a specific date of service (or range of service dates). You can also access this journal from Reports, Transaction Journals.