7.2.30 Service Pack Release Notes 05-16-08
List of Programming Corrections
- HELP - ***New Functionality*** - Workstation Setup Steps for IE Version 6.x have been updated and Workstation Setup Steps for IE Version 7.x have been added to NetPracticePM Help under Introduction, System Processes.
- ROLLODEX - ***New Functionality*** - The NPI Number is now included for Referring Doctors.
- Print Insurance Forms (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions)
- ***Arizona Medicaid paper claims only*** The Provider and Group legacy numbers will no longer print on the claims.
- ***Medicare and Insurance Form Type C Paper Claims Only*** The legacy numbers will no longer print on the HCFA forms in boxes 17a, 24j, and 33b.
- ***Medicare and Insurance Form Type C Paper Claims Only*** The NPI number will not print in Box 24j if you have selected the Individual check box in the Maintain Doctor Codes function. For additional information, see the Maintain Doctor Codes entry under the Tables section.
- Move/Re-Build Transmission File (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Electronic Claims) - ***New Functionality*** - All legacy numbers will now be omitted from claims if you have selected the Suppress Legacy Numbers check box on the Electronic Claims Integration screen for the various insurance form types. NOTE: This change is to comply with the 'NPI Standard' deadline (May 23, 2008) to include only NPI numbers on claims, as issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). You will need to watch your confirmation reports closely in case there are some carriers that still require this information to process claims.
- Automatic Balance Write-Off by Billing Group (Billing, Insurance Billing Functions, Delinquent Insurance Menu, Automatic Balance Write-Off) - ***New Functionality*** - The Include Billing Groups by field has been added so you can select to perform this function based on the billing group tied to the Account or to the Transaction.
- Send Statements to CGM - If you attempt to Send Statements to CGM before the statements have finished printing in the background, you will now receive the following warning message: 'The statements are still printing. Try again later.'
- Non-Delinquent Payment Plan - The Next Payment Date field will automatically populate based on what you typed in the Start Date of Plan and the Payment Days fields.
- Work Restrictions DMS Record (Patient, Change Patient Data) - ***New Functionality*** - You can now print this record by clicking Print in the Action Column.
- Patient Name and Address Information (Patient, Change Patient Data) - ***New Functionality*** - ***Clients with gCare/NetPracticePM Interface Only*** - The Race and Patient Status fields on the Patient Name and Address Information screen can now be transmitted to gCare. gCare will store this information in the patient demographics. To enable the transmission of this data, contact gMed Client Services to create a support ticket requesting the upgrade of their gMed interface.
- Insurance Policy Information (Patient, Change Patient Data) - A message, ('Are you sure you wish to delete this policy?') will now appear when you attempt to delete an insurance policy from a patient account.
- Aged Accounts Receivable for Insurance (Reports, Insurance Related Reports) - It was possible for these reports to include pended charges even if you selected the Suppress Pends check box. This has been corrected. NOTE: If you select the Suppress Pends check box, the report will not reflect the pended charges so the balances on the report may not match the insurance balance on the account.
- Insurance Payment Analysis Reports (Reports, Insurance Related Reports, Insurance Statistical Reports) - ***New Functionality*** - If you select the new Include Personal Payments check box, the report will also include non-insurance payments. The non-insurance payments will print under insurance carrier code '0' on the report.
- Print Office Address Labels - The office telephone number will now print on the labels.
- Productivity Analysis Reports (Reports, Statistical Reports) - The No column now reflects the number of entries for a charge based on the multiplier used. Previously, a charge was counted only once for each patient instead of counting the multipliers on the charge. To reflect this change on these reports, you must first Reset Statistical Files for the same month of the previous year. For example, if you run the report for 04-2008, you must first reset the statistics for 04-2007. Then you must also reset the statistics for the year-to-date months (01-2008, 02-2008 and 03-2008). You will only need to reset the statistics for the year-to-date months one time.
- Enter Patient Appointments - ***New Functionality*** - ***Clients with Orthopad Interface Only*** - If a case is attached to an appointment, the interface will now automatically tie those charges to the case.
- Enter Patient Appointments - If you schedule an appointment using a resource panel, you will no longer be allowed to select a Type of Visit that is tied to a schedule room.
- Wait List (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - When you print the Wait List and select to Print Deleted Entries it will now include the patients' names and the dates the patients were automatically deleted for being on the Wait List for over thirty days.
- Inquiry (Schedule, Enter Patient Appointments) - If you deleted an appointment from within the Inquiry function, it was not possible to select and delete any additional appointments because the Modify function was missing from the Action Column. This has been corrected.
- Missing Charge Report (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - If you completed the Type of Service field in Maintain Type of Visit Codes, this report will now only include scheduled appointments where procedures for that Type of Service (or its equivalent) for that date have not been posted to the patient account. If you leave the Type of Service field blank, this report will look for any procedures posted to the patient account for that date.
- Print Superbills (Schedule, Scheduling Printing Menu) - If a patient had multiple cases stored in Case Management, it was possible for the Case data elements to print incorrectly on the superbill. This has been corrected.
- Maintain Type of Visit Codes (Schedule, Scheduling Table Maintenance, Type of Visit Table) - ***New Functionality*** - A Type of Service field has been added for you to attach to the Type of Visit. If you complete this field, the Missing Charge Report will now only include scheduled appointments where procedures for that Type of Service (or its equivalent) for that date have not been posted to the patient account.
- Electronic Claims Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - A Hold Claims field has been added. If you select this check box, all claims for that insurance form number will not be sent. The claims will be held until you clear the check box. These claims will appear on the exception report until they are transmitted or moved to paper.
- Electronic Claims Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***United Government Services Claims Only*** - If the Suppress Legacy Numbers check box is selected, the UPIN number will not be sent in the 2310E loop in the electronic claims.
- NetMobile Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - ***NetMobile Users Only*** - The Last Sync column has been added to the PDA Activity window. This column displays the last date and time the PDA was synchronized.
- NetMobile Integration (System, Database Maintenance Menu) - ***New Functionality*** - ***NetMobile Users Only*** - If you click Save on the NetMobile Integration menu, the NetMobile dataset will automatically rebuild. NetPracticePM will display a message stating that you should not synchronize any PDA's for a minimum of five minutes after the rebuild has started.
- Maintain Doctor Codes (Tables, Doctor Code Table) - ***New Functionality*** - If a doctor is a sole practitioner without a group practice or group numbers, you should select the new Individual check box so NetPracticePM will create claims with the individual (instead of the group/organizational practice) information.
- Maintain Insurance Carriers (Tables, Insurance Carrier Table) - ***New Functionality*** - Until now, secondary Medicare claims have automatically generated into the electronic file. If you want your Medicare secondary claims to continue to be submitted electronically, you must select the E-Secondary check box. If you leave this check box blank, the Medicare secondary claims will print on paper.
- Procedure Entry Function - ***New Functionality*** - You can now use decimal points in the Multiplier field.
- Unposted Procedures - ***New Functionality*** - You can now sort by the Loc (Location) and DOS (Date of Service) columns on the Unposted Procedures summary screen.
- Post ERA File (Transactions, Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)) - ***New Functionality*** - ***Arizona Blue Cross Blue Shield Electronic Remits Only*** - The calculation of the allowed amount for these electronic remits has changed. Since the allowed amount sent from the insurance carrier was not always accurate, the true allowed amount is now being calculated based on the contractual adjustments instead of the allowed amount being sent by the insurance carrier.
- Procedure Journal (Transactions, Transaction Journals) - ***New Functionality*** - A new Print in Location Order sorting option has been added.